Fresh from showcasing in Paris, France, @errefashion returns to the #SAFW runway to showcase their #AW22 collection in an exclusive LIVE show at @_themallofafrica in ‘The @satiskin Rise & Shine Collections’ on the 29th of October at 19h30.
Pretoria, 19 October 2021 – Fresh from their recent successful show in Paris, ERRE-Fashion duo Carina Louw and Natasha Jaume, will be taking to the runway on 29 October as part of the South African Fashion Week (SAFW) line-up, where they will debut their ‘Home’ Collection, their AW 2022 offering.
Invited to Paris in September, as laureates of the inaugural Africa FashionUP competition by Share Africa in partnership with the French luxury house, Kering Group, ERRE-Fashion impressed the assembled fashion elite with their bold colour palette and structured flair, which is what fashion pundits can also expect later this month on home soil.
SAFW 2021 will be ERRE’s 15th collection with Louw and Jaume commenting they are, “super-proud to be a part of SAFW again this season, especially because this is the first live show since 2019.”
On what the audience can expect later this month, Louw explains that: “In Paris we wanted the audience to experience our home, South Africa, via the use of local Mohair fibres and the joy and vibrancy in the colours that South Africa has to offer the world.
“But at SAFW, we want to show that ‘Home is where the heart is.’ For ERRE, our heart beats for South African Women. At the core of that, is our commitment to empowering women of all shapes and sizes, so they can own their unique look and can stand out in the crowd with confidence. We call this ‘redefining power dressing’ and this collection is the embodiment of this approach.”
Since launching in 2013, ERRE has turned the fashion industry on its head, as Louw explains: “We design our dresses to fit real women. Women do not need to change who they are, or their body shape to wear our clothes. It’s about how we make them feel that matters. The Parisians also found our approach very interesting, in that at ERRE, we focus so heavily on our consumer’s differing body shapes and sizes when designing a collection, as opposed to designing with an ideal figure/ concept in mind, as much of the established fashion industry does.”
For the 2021 @satiskin Rise & Shine Collections ERRE explains they have taken their inspiration from their clients over the years. The colour palette and shapes are inspired by ERRE’s studio garden at the Milner Fashion House in Pretoria, while the silhouettes bring to life an enduring obsession with 1950s couture. Expect new draping and beautiful shapes in a collection that explores movement, volume, focal points, timelessness, fit and even…dare we say it… risk…all designed to empower women all over South Africa to stand up and be seen for who they are not what.
ERRE has also entrenched support for local industry suppliers at the heart of its business, such as the Mohair industry. This has clearly resonated with local and now international audiences, with many commenting on the brand’s foresight to incorporate sustainable principles from the get-go. So much so, that Louw and Jaume have now secured a coveted 6-month mentorship with luxury brand Balenciaga’s Global Sustainability Director, Annika Storfält.
Looking to the future, and post discussion with both Balenciaga and representatives of the Parisian upmarket department store, Galerie Lafayette, expect ERRE to expand their interests into homeware, as well as experiential events at the home of ERRE-Fashion – the Milner Fashion House in Pretoria.
Until then though, for a “bouquet of fresh ERRE”, as one pundit remarked in Paris, to get a glimpse of ERRE’s creativity in living colour, they will be presenting their works live at South African Fashion Week, at the Mall of Africa, on 29 October 2021. For further information see www.erre-fashion.com.
- Finalist in the Renault New Talent Search at SA Fashion Week 2013 – launch of the brand
- A/W2014 showstopper dress nominated for Design lndaba’s Most Beautiful Object in South Africa.
- Dressing Terry Pheto at the 2015 International Emmy Awards
- Conceptualising the Myri Dress in 2015 that will become one of ERRE’s classic bestsellers
- Invited to attend Berlin Fashion Week July 2017 by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany
- Invited to show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia in Moscow March 2018
- Dressing HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco for the cover of Rooi Rose magazine June 2018 issue
- Invited to Monaco by HSH Princess Charlene to consult with her and subsequently dressing her for numerous occasions.
- Winners of the 2018 SAFW Cape Wools Designer Challenge. Attended the ‘Making it in Textiles’ conference in London as a guest of Cape Wools SA.
- Invited to show at Mozambique Fashion Week in December 2018.
- Collaborated with ECG Medical Clothing and fellow South African fashion brands to manufacture PPE during level 4 and 5 of the Covid-19 lockdown period in South Africa 2020
- Showed 14 seasonal collections on the runways at SA Fashion Week between 2013 – 2021
- Invited in September 2021 to show in Paris as laureate of the inaugural Africa FashionUP event.
Social Media Handles: